Leave the hustle and bustle and daily stresses that life throws at you behind and take time out for yourself by joining this relaxing Pilates & yoga retreat deep in the stunning countryside of the Dordogne region of France. This 7 night Pilates, yoga & wellbeing holiday is set in a garden paradise in the French countryside; indulge in daily Pilates, yoga and healthy eating with devoted instructors, the chance to unwind, learn about improving your wellbeing and evenings spent relaxing in the pool or by the fire. 19th May 2018 -8 days 2nd June 2018 -8 days 15th September 2018 -8 days 9th November 2018 -8 days
This wonderful farmhouse setting offers a unique getaway with luxury accommodationand the chance to focus on developing a relaxed and harmonious you. Unwind and relax in a land of contrast; of rivers & wide valleys of deep gorges and tumbling streams, rolling fields of sunflowers and plum orchards as far as the eye can see.
With daily Pilates and yoga lessons, as well as daily afternoon activities and wellbeing workshops and personal consultations, you are sure to get the most out of your time away. Return back home with a healthy new mind set and lots of tips and guidance for a healthier lifestyle.
Your nutritionist and Pilates instructor will be there during your entire holiday, so if you ever feel the need for more insight or more expert advice, feel free to use them. You will have a chance to get to know your body and its needs with your one on one nutritional therapy consultation. All of your meals and snacks will be provided, and will plant based meals (with fish) and protein packed to fuel your body to be at its best during your stay.
Don’t overlook the medieval towns perching on top of hills with views all around of green, rolling countryside. A land steeped in history with chateaux & castles, you can get back in tune with your body while taking in the breathtaking sights. Even though this holiday will focus on your wellbeing, you will have free time each day to take in some sites, hike or cycle the countryside, or drive to see a nearby medieval gem.
Your accommodation will make this holiday truly memorable as you stay in one of two lovely gites surrounded by extensive private gardens. Spend your evenings unwinding in one of the heated swimming pools (open seasonally) on the property after a bike ride through the countryside or curl up by the fire.
Return home refreshed, energized, and feeling years younger. Enjoy the warm hospitality, great food and wine, stunning surroundings and like minded company. The downside is, it will be very difficult for you to leave!
This daily itinerary is for guidance only and is subject to change depending on the group’s needs and wishes but is typically as follows:
– 8:30am: Breakfast when you get up with your fellow guests
– 10am: Your first activity of the day is a 1.5 hour group Pilates lesson
– 11.30am: after your Pilates lesson, there will be a 1 on 1 nutritional therapy consultation
– 1pm: lunch will be taken at the farmhouse with your fellow guests
– From 2:30pm: each afternoon there will be an organised activity which may include a workshop on how to make fermented foods, a walk around a local French market, countryside walks, countryside cycling (activities will vary depending on group needs and wishes, and of course you can choose to relax and have some free time if you prefer)
– 5pm: Time to wind down during a 1 hour yin yoga lesson
– 7pm: an evening group dinner at the farmhouse
– After dinner there is optional guided meditation or free time where you can play board games or chat around the fire with a nightcap
Naomi Langford Archer – Nutritional Therapist and Wellbeing Coach
– Naomi is a qualified nutritional therapist who has always been a real enthusiast for health and wellbeing
– Her natural approach to optimal health and wellbeing takes you through an initial one hour consultation covering all systems of the body and mind to ascertain the root cause of your concern with the use of functional testing where appropriate
– It is a natural drug-free holistic approach to health which does not have a ‘one size fits all’ approach
Angela Lee – Pilates And Yoga Instructor
– Angela has been involved in the fitness industry since her teens, teaching swimming, tennis and, later, aerobics & other fitness classes
– She was involved in setting up a referral scheme with General Practitioners for rehabilitation & prevention (Cardiac, Diabetes, Hypertensives and Obesity) and qualified with Body Control Pilates 2013 in 2 years followed with a yoga qualification that was recently updated
– Angela loves being active outside so running, cycling, hill walking, tennis & swimming are her favourites to keep fit
– Prices are per person and based on a shared bedroom with shared bathroom in The Farmhouse gite
– Upgrades to a private room, ensuite bathroom or The Barn can be made for an extra supplement, please see the ‘Costings and Extras’ tab for more details
– Accommodation is for 7 nights / 8 days
– Check in anytime after 4pm on day 1 and check out by 9:30am on day 8
– The farmhouse has 5 rooms in total
– There are two double ensuite bedrooms on the ground floor or three twin/double bedrooms on the first floor that share a bath/shower room and a separate WC
– You will find a fully fitted kitchen, open living rooms and shady terrace
– The Farmhouse is a great choice when travelling in a group or a great way to get to know your fellow travellers if you are on a solo trip
– The Farmhouse enjoys a 12 x 6m heated salt water pool for those moments when you just need to kick back and relax!
The Old Barn
– Its main features are the newly renovated travertine tiled floors, fabulous Neptune kitchen and monumental fireplace
– There is an ensuite double/twin bedroom and a single room with ensuite shower room
– Outside, enjoy relaxing on an amazing terrace or take a dip in the fabulous heated infinity pool
The Bread Oven
– This building is a lovely cosy cottage with underfloor heating and an open living concept
– There is also a log burning stove to keep you warm in the winter months
– There are two ensuite bedrooms
The menu for this holiday has been designed to focus on a healthy mind and body and a typical daily menu can include:
On waking: juice of half a lemon and a slice of ginger in warm water
Breakfast: egg and avocado on sourdough
Morning Smoothie: winter green smoothie
Lunch: cauliflower crust pizza served with a side salad
Afternoon Snack: banana, pumpkin seed and almond granola bars
Dinner: butternut squash, lemongrass and coconut curry (1/4 carafe of wine per person)
Pudding: chocolate and avocado mousse
If you wish, organic and regular wines are available for purchase with your dinner and start at €6.00 a bottle.
– There is a golf course, 5 minutes away, where you can hire clubs
– There are many walking maps for the region and a number of walks directly from the house including a circular walk taking in the windmill and another great circular walk around the local lake/nature reserve
– There are plenty of bikes and this a great biking region with lots of quiet roads around
– Between June & September there is boat hire on the river just 10 minutes away
– Wild swimming in the River Lot just a 10-minute drive away
– Over the course of your wellbeing holiday, you will learn more about your body, how you move, and how you can improve
– Become stronger, more balanced and controlled in how you use our body and mind
– During the retreat you’ll take time to focus on the alignment of your body
– Learn how to use your breathing to increase control and mobility
– Find out how to use your centre (your core) in all of your movements for a longer, leaner, stronger body
– Complete beginners are very welcome; teaching the basics of nutrition and wellbeing
– The instructors each have a wealth of experience and are on hand throughout the week to share their experiences & expertise
7 nights accommodation in a shared twin room with shared bathroom
Please note: prices are per person and based on 2 sharing a twin or double room with a shared bathroom
Upgrades to rooms with an ensuite bathroom or a private room can be made for an extra supplement
Solo travellers who do not wish to share with another solo travellers can pay a single room supplement for their own private room subject to availability
Check in anytime after 4pm on day 1 and check out by 9.30am on day 8
Daily fresh, natural and nutritious juices, breakfast, lunch and dinner with two healthy snacks
Daily exercise including morning Pilates (1.5 hours), evening yoga lesson (1 hour) and afternoon activities and optional evening guided meditation
One to one consultation with a certified nutritional therapist with a free follow up review post holiday
A selection of daily informative talks in a relaxed environment which will be tailored to the individual pre-informed requests
A personalised wellbeing plan with tailored supplements (supplements are at an extra cost but you will get 10% off the retail price)
Full use of the heated pools, massive gardens and terraces
A bicycle free to use during your stay
Return transfers to and from Bergerac Airport or Marmande train station
Balance Due Date: 30 days before arrival
Supplier Accepts: Bank transfer to a UK bank account or via a PayPal account (any charges are your own responsibility)
Full details of how and when to pay the balance will be given during the booking process.
Please note that if there are any costs involved in making the balance payment they will be your responsibility.
The reservation fee is fully refundable and can be cancelled at anytime before the retreat starts.