About Review My Retreat and Review My Ltd
Review My Retreat is part of Review My Ltd., a private company with limited liability established and existing under the laws of Companies House, the United Kingdom’s registrar of companies, under registration number 09717508.
3.To the best of its ability, will make efforts to provide the Platform with due care. You accept that the Platform, only contains the functionalities and other characteristics as it contains at the moment of your use (“as is” and “as available”). Each and every use of the Platform is for your own risk and responsibility.
4.Review My Retreat is at all times, without in any way becoming liable to you, entitled to make procedural and technical alterations and/or improvements to the Platform.
2.Use of the Platfor
1. In using the Platform, you can view all Retreat Events published by Retreat Owners (“Retreat Owners”) (which Retreat Events are referred to as “Retreat Events”), submit bookings (“Booking”) with the Retreat Owners and write reviews. A booking placed through the Platform forms a binding agreement between you and the Retreat Owner. If you have any questions, complaints or remarks about a Retreat Owner, a Retreat Event or a booking, you can contact us through the Platform.
3. You and the Retreat Owner are solely responsible for the correct performance and execution of a booking, which – from your side – includes the correct provision of the required information in making a booking. To view, change or cancel your booking, please refer to your confirmation email, where you will find all relevant instructions.
4. You are solely responsible and liable for the content you submit, which includes the reviews you write. Since you are able to upload content to the Platform without restriction, you warrant that this content is lawful and does not infringe upon any party’s intellectual property rights, privacy rights or any other rights and you indemnify from any third party’s claim in this respect. You also warrant that you do not submit content which involves any illegal activities or activities that are contrary to morality or public order, which includes, but is not limited to content that relates to hate speech, is intended to promote or sell drugs or firearms, is violent in any way or qualifies as or transmits unwanted or unsolicited material or content (spam). We do not warrant that your content will be correctly, completely and/or continuously available on the Platform.
5. Finally, when using our Platform you shall adhere to the following rules. You may not:
1. use the Platform with a device that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots or other malicious software that can alter, damage, disable, infect or delete the Platform or make it unavailable or inaccessible;
2. deliberately involve manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl”, “spider” or scrape any content on the Platform;
3. reproduce or decompile the Platform or to apply reverse engineering to it, unless permitted by mandatory law;
4. remove and/or to circumvent security measures or technical limitations (including limitations to the use) of the Platform.
In other words: “After you’ve chosen a retreat, made a booking for this retreat and entered all of your correct personal data, you will engage in a contract with the actual Retreat Owner of the retreat. Review My Ltd. can in no way be held responsible if issues (however unlikely) arise between you and the trip Retreat Owner, but we will help you in resolving the issue. Also, you cannot use our platform in any inappropriate way, so no spreading viruses, hacking or spamming etc. Sounds reasonable right?”
3. Prices and payment
1. Your use of the Platform is free of charge. Retreat owners charge their own fees for the Retreat Events. We have no influence on, are not involved in and are not liable for your payment of your retreat event.
2. When using the Platform, you will be able to convert the prices of Retreat Event to the available currencies. Such converted prices are indicative.
3. Since the Retreat owners are responsible for the payments terms, you cannot derive any rights from the currencies or payment methods available at a certain moment. Furthermore, Review My Retreat is not responsible for and has no influence on the applicable payment terms.
In other words: “The use of our platform is free of charge. Please be aware that specific payment terms of the Retreat Owners apply to payment of the trips.”
4. IP Rights
2. By uploading reviews and other content, you grant Review My Retreat a royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicensable and transferable right to reproduce this content and make it available on the Platform, including the right to use (parts of) this content, for promotional purposes and other services in connection with the Platform.
In other words: “Please respect our intellectual property rights and the rights of the Retreat Owners. We do the same with the content you upload; your content will preserve whatever copyright and other IP rights it had when uploading to our platform. ”
2. In order to make a booking, you may be required to provide personal data to a Retreat Owner. The Retreat Owner is responsible for the processing of such data and shall do so in accordance with its own privacy statement. We shall not be liable for any damages incurred by you due to the processing of your personal data by a Retreat Owner.
1. Review My Retreat’s liability, whether based upon (attributable) default, unlawful act or any other ground, is limited to direct damages only and shall not exceed the amount of GBP 250 in a contracting year per event (a sequence of events will be regarded as one event).
2. Direct damage shall solely mean:
1. Damage to property;
2. Reasonable expenses incurred to prevent or limit direct damages that could be expected from the event on which is the liability is based, and
3. reasonable costs incurred in determining the cause of the damage.
3. Any liability on ’s part for damages other than direct damage, including but not limited to indirect loss, consequential loss, loss and/or damage of data or content, loss of profit and loss of revenue, loss of savings, reduced goodwill, damage by business interruption and damage as a result of claims from third parties is excluded.
4. The restrictions mentioned in the preceding paragraphs of this article will lapse if and in so far as the damage is the result of intentional or wilful recklessness on the part of or its managers (“own actions”).
In other words: “In the unlikely event of something going really wrong while using our services, we cannot be held liable to pay damages of over GBP 250, except in the unthinkable event of us causing a problem intentionally or acted recklessly.”
7. Warranties and indemnifications
2. The conclusion and performance of Enquiries, including any payment obligation resulting therefrom, as well as the cancellation of Enquiries is the sole responsibility of you and an Retreat Owner. You indemnify from all claims submitted by a Retreat Owner or a third party that relates to Enquiries made by you with that specific Retreat Owner, as well as to the payment of such Enquiries. However, Review My Retreat will provide assistance to you to the best of its abilities in case any issues arise between you and an Retreat Owner in order to resolve those issues.
3. Notwithstanding the abovementioned, Review My Retreat guarantees that you get a refund of what you have paid i) when you cancel your Payment Plan in conformity with Review My Retreat’s terms and conditions regarding cancellation.
4. You guarantee that you will not use the Platform in a way that:
1. infringes the rights of Review My Retreat or third parties such as other users or Retreat owners, including but not limited to IP Rights or rights in relation to the protection of privacy;
2. is contrary to any current legislation or regulations; or
In other words: “Even though the Retreat owners have their own terms and conditions, we are there to help you in case any issues arise, in particular if a Retreat Owner does not stick to his own cancellation policy or if the duration of your stay is different than what the Retreat Owner promised. We will only provide this assistance to you if you act in conformity with these terms and do not harm the rights of us and others.”
8. Unlawful Content
1. Review My Retreat is not responsible for any content made available on the Platform. is only, under the conditions as set out in this provision, obliged to remove or block access to content, such as reviews, that is manifestly unlawful or to stop manifestly unlawful behaviour after receiving a notification that is sufficiently precise and adequately substantiated. We have established a procedure, by which any alleged unlawful content available on the Website can be reported. Please notify us by emailing us at [email protected] with the subject heading “Objectionable Content”. On receipt of your complaint we may remove or block access to the content complained of.
2. We reserve the right to refrain from removing or blocking access to reported content in case we have reasonable grounds to doubt the accuracy of the notification or after a balance of interests. In such a situation, we can request a court order from a competent court in The United Kingdom to determine whether the content or the activity is unlawful and should be removed.
3. We will not be a party in a dispute between the person making the report and any third party arising out of or in connection with a notification of unlawful content. If you have reported unlawful content, you indemnify Review My Retreat from all claims of third parties in relation to the blocking or removal of that content, including from all damages and (legal) costs Review My Retreat has incurred.
4. We respect and protect the privacy of those who report (alleged) unlawful content. All personal data we receive as part of a notification will always be processed in accordance with the applicable privacy legislation and will only be used to process the notification.
In other words: “In case someone uploads content that harms your (privacy) rights or the rights of others, you can notify us of this content and we may remove or block access to that content.”
9. Applicable law and competent court
In other words: “We are bound by UK law and therefore any issues that may arise will be brought before the court of the United Kingdom.”
Last modified: 16 August 2017